Store Manager, SWEET55 Palo Alto
SWEET55 is an award-winning chocolatier and confectionary opening its second store in Palo Alto, California.
Our team has been producing high-end Swiss chocolates, confections, and desserts since 2013. Nine years, two Good Food Awards and a sofi™ Award later, we are opening our second location at Town & Country Village in Palo Alto in May ’22.
We are seeking a passionate and hospitable store manager with a strong eye for detail, knowledge of sales, and ability to train and inspire a sales team. The right candidate will lead our integration into the surrounding T&C community through exceptional leadership and customer service.
At least two years’ store management experience in food service preferred with a proven commitment to results.
To apply, submit your resume to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you within 72 business hours.
- 2+ years experience as a store manager or relevant leadership role
- Knowledge of high-end chocolate, confections, desserts, and espresso drinks
- Knowledge of food safety, hygiene, and cleaning standards
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solver and multitasker by nature
- Ability to work on your feet and lift 20+ lbs.
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Food handler certification required
- Proof of vaccination required
- Experience with Square POS preferred
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Act as right-hand to business owner by managing 5+ person team by delegating tasks, ensuring responsibilities are met, facilitating new hire training, and fostering exceptional service
- Oversee daily operations including development of checklists, standard operating procedures, and other tools to guarantee that food items are in stock, store and workspace are clean, products are displayed and refilled, and orders are fulfilled accurately and efficiently *
- Perform daily administrative tasks including – but not limited to – scheduling, sales reports, inventory, and reordering of supplies
- Foster positive and productive environment with clear commitment to company values
- This job reports directly to the business owner
*Standard Operating Procedures are provided for signature at the start of employment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with paid professional development courses for exceptional performance *
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Plenty of tasting opportunities and discounts!
*We believe in supporting our team’s professional development, so we offer bonuses through paid professional development courses at Stanford University.