PART-TIME COOKING CLASS / KITCHEN ASSISTANT
Want to help people have a great experience as they learn to cook? Do you enjoy keeping things clean and organized in the kitchen? If so, our Kitchen Assistant role could be the perfect fit for you.The Kitchen Assistant keeps Sur La Table’s busy in-store cooking classes running smoothly by prepping food, washing dishes, and providing excellent customer service and product knowledge. This is a hands-on, fast-paced job that requires a passion for all things cooking and an interest in joining a high-performing retail team.
The Kitchen Assistant reports to the Resident Chef. Hours vary by week for this position.
About the Job: What You’ll Do
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times – create an experience that people will love
- Food prep and class setup; may assist with shopping for ingredients
- Wash dishes and clean kitchen before, during, and after cooking classes
- Assist instructor as needed during classes; look for opportunities to help
- Contribute to store goals through product knowledge and sales
- May handle alcohol
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: What You’ll Need
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to lift and move merchandise and/or kitchen equipment up to 35lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to chop, whisk, slice, stir, and use kitchen equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including daytime, nights, and weekends
- Valid Food Handlers and/or Food Manager Certification
- 1 year retail sales and/or food prep and kitchen operations experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
The Benefits: What You’ll Get
- Cooking-obsessed environment like no other retail job out there!
- Generous employee discount on product and cooking classes
- Great co-workers
- 401K + other benefits
Sur La Table Core Competencies: Our Shared Approach
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom and decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Sur La Table will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.