Peet’s is currently seeking passionate Baristas. Our Baristas possess an unwavering commitment to mastery by ensuring unequaled quality and service. They focus on engaging with our customers, delivering the Peet’s brand and keeping up the daily coffeebar functions. We have open interviews weekly on Fridays from 1pm to 3pm. Apply at Peets.com.
What You Will Do
What Does it take to be a Successful Barista?
In addition to modeling Peet’s culture and values and following policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Delivers Engaging Customer Service
- Welcomes customers to store, engaging with them throughout their store experience.
- Determines customer needs by asking questions and sharing product knowledge.
- Demonstrates that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency.
Delivers Operational Excellence
- Provides consistent quality in the preparation of drinks and brewing of coffee and tea.
- Participates actively in training to learn new and promotional products. Continually works to expand product knowledge of coffee and tea.
- Maintains a clean and well-stocked store.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.
Who You Are
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first mentality.
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great relationships with their coworkers.
- Be able to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Have the ability to perform various physical tasks during the work shift. Click here to review the Physical Requirements for Retail Roles.
What Benefits do Baristas Receive?
At Peet’s we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our employees and rewarding them for their work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
- Within1-3 months as a Peet’s Team Member you will have the opportunity to become a certified Barista and receive a pay increase
- 401(k) plan, with generous matching (must be 18 years old to qualify)
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance to employees who work 21 or more hours per week (following completion of 500 hours of work)
- Paid vacation (accrual following completion of 500 hours of work)
- Flexible schedule
- Free coffee and fresh baked goods as well as an employee discount
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Our Commitment to the Community
Beyond Coffee, Peetniks are passionate supporters of our community and serving our local communities doesn’t stop at the counter. Peet’s employees take pride in supporting the neighborhoods where they live and work, thorough holiday donation programs and supporting non-profits at home and globally. We believe that Coffee thrives where people do. We support the communities where our beans are
grown, lending hands and knowledge to make life and coffee better.
Peet’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you!