POSITION: Full Time Supervisor
JOB DESCRIPTION: We’re looking for someone pretty special to help us slang a few tees and get the word out about Marine Layer at our new stores. This is not a typical retail position because we are not a typical company. While selling shirts and maintaining the store are both very important, we primarily want someone who is personable, self-motivated and 110% committed to the success of their store and the brand as a whole.
As you can imagine, opening a store in a new market is an exciting challenge for any Store Manager and Store Supervisor. We need someone who can represent our lifestyle and company culture from hundreds of miles away. While we will (of course) be involved in branding, merchandising, events and training, it is very important for you to be an independent self starter.
In addition to finding someone who can kick ass and lead from afar, we are looking for a Store Manager + Store Supervisor who has experience in the following areas:
- Customer Experience — We want people to walk out of our stores excited about our brand. You should be (pretty) funny, (very) charismatic and be one hell of a host(ess) of the party.
- People Development — We pride ourselves in hiring green and developing our people. Personal success stories with people development and employee retention are a must.
- Leadership — We want someone who is passionate about keeping a team happy, engaged and challenged. There’s a difference between managing a team and leading a team.
- Merchandising — Our product needs to look good and sell well in our stores. It’s important for you to have a keen eye for merchandising and visual standards.
- Operations — It would be nice if operational tasks don’t send you into a frenzy of panic.
TO APPLY: Please have a look at our website https://www.marinelayer.com and shoot email@example.com your resume and a thoughtful email about why you’d be a great match for Marine Layer. Cover letters are for the birds…
- Marine Layer is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities. #whateveryoureinto