Serena & Lily, lifestyle and home furnishings brand, is seeking Associates/Design Advisors for our newest storefront opening at Town & Country Village in Palo Alto, CA. Design Shop Advisors are responsible for creating a best-in-class client experience through a superior commitment to sales and service. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a customer focused and design driven environment. The ideal candidate will act as a brand steward, and enjoy cultivating relationships with clients through exceptional service and design support.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who are available to work full time hours which may include weekends and some summer holidays. Our full time roles offer a generous benefits package, and additional perks.
- Embody and operate by the Serena & Lily Brand Ethos (Innovation, Style, Integrity, Optimism, Expressiveness, Confidence, Courtesy & Appreciation)
- Acts as brand steward in all interactions with Clients, Designers, Vendors and Co- workers
- Create a warm, welcoming, inspiring on brand client experience
- Provide relevant design advice, product knowledge and product recommendations both in store and through virtual design appointments to ultimately contribute to brand sales goals
- Resolve client needs quickly through swift communication and partnership from leadership
- Drive customer retention and loyalty through order and quote follow up
- Assist in receipt of shipments, transfers, as well as merchandising; ensure selling floor is adequately presented and stocked to brand standard
- Proactively clientele using S&L leads to provide an enhanced customer experience for all customers including members of our Trade Program
- Other tasks assigned by Leadership
- 1 year of retail or relevant sales experience in interiors/home furnishings, relevant retail brand or client service industry
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to engage with clients
- Proven ability to deliver excellent on brand client service standard and ability to demonstrate best practices
- Proven ability to sell, utilizing product knowledge, brand inspiration and design/décor
- Ability to use a MacBook for web navigation, email and Zoom, 2 and 3-D rendering experience a plus
- A passion for the home design and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Willingness to ask questions and seek solutions; a self starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of personal style
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS system.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to as well as weekends and holidays
- $22-28/hr depending on experience
- Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance should they choose to participate in Serena & Lily’s benefits. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan. During the first year of employment, full-time employees accrue fourteen days of PTO and seven paid holidays throughout the year.