The Store Manager primarily focuses on keeping the store running by planning schedules, inventory, and training new hires. Success in the Store Manager role includes developing team members by providing on-going coaching and training in order to ensure high performance and effective succession planning.
· Be the role model of hospitality and coaching your team in the moment and reinforcing and seeking to improve quality of service
· Build a schedule and deploy a team that ensures all facets of service is effective and quick
· Ensure team competency in day to day operations
· Be responsible for staff in building their expertise of coffees, teas, and merchandise so that they may accurately answer customer questions and make personal recommendations
· Lead regular coffee and tea tastings, showcasing seasonal items and reinforcing Boba Guys’ tea authority to deepen customers’ connection to Boba Guys
· Ensure customer feedback and concerns are addressed within a timely manner
· Demonstrate leadership of the store by ensuring cleanliness, organization, and attractiveness of store’s interior and exterior. This includes facilitating monthly “deep cleanings” of the store.
· Act as a role model protecting the store assets and facilities at all times through complying and ensuring compliance with Boba Guys’ policies and procedures for safety, health, security, maintenance, and cash handling.
· Oversee appropriate inventory levels by ensuring the timely placement of orders.
· Manage store promotions, store presentation, and visual merchandising. Lead and oversee the training for each seasonal promotion and follow-up on the execution throughout the course of the promotion.
· Communicate essential information in a clear and timely manner, maintaining confidentiality where appropriate.
· Role model teamwork and respect in accordance with Boba Guys’ Values. Maintain positive and productive relationships with all team members as well as other stores and departments.
· Manage the Core Training Program for all new Bobaristas and Shift Leads. Utilize training tools and resources, including training tracker to monitor progress and attainment.
· Conduct regular tea tastings with team members to create and lead a culture of superior product, knowledge, and service.
· Contribute to the development of Bobaristas and Shift Leads by providing regular coaching and feedback to build their knowledge and skills.
· Support the Stores Lead with effective succession planning and active recruiting of Bobaristas and Shift Lead candidates.
· A minimum of two years of retail management/supervisory experience and/or related experience and training.
· Continuous demonstrated ability to lead and provide excellent customer service.
· Proven and on-going ability to drive sales and control costs.
· Experience coaching, training, and developing others.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Effective time management and delegation skills
· Ability to effectively problem solve, using sound judgment
· Performance that consistently demonstrates Boba Guys’ Vision, Mission, and Values.
· Offer better-than-market starting wages and health care options
· Take pride in the quality of our work and the relationships we build with our customers- especially the ones within our teams which means team outings, dinners, and adventures!
· Celebrate our team’s incredible talents and strive to provide numerous opportunities to help grow them while being a part of Boba Guys
· Share our love for milk tea by offering endless tea on us, every shift. We like to think your family is part of the Boba Guys family, too, so your friends and family will always get a discount