Serena & Lily is seeking an Assistant Store Leader to be part of the leadership team at our newest storefront opening at Town & Country Village in Palo Alto, CA.
The Assistant Store Leader is responsible for assisting store leadership in establishing and maintaining client services, oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a team focused on cultivating client relationships through exceptional service and design support.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who are available to work full time hours which may include weekends and some summer holidays. Our full time roles offer a generous benefits package, and additional perks.
- Master, teach and hold team accountable for embodying and operating by the Serena & Lily Brand Ethos (Innovation, Style, Integrity, Optimism, Expressiveness, Confidence & Appreciation.)
- Ensure Brand Expression is conveyed appropriately at all times
- Ensure that each client and/or designer receives outstanding client service by providing a warm, friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every client, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of client service.
- Master and teach product knowledge and brand design inspiration.
- Create a warm, welcoming, inspiring on brand client experience
- Provide relevant design advice, product knowledge and product recommendations
- Follow up on all orders, order flow, receipt of goods, transfers and troubleshoot when necessary to solve any issues.
- Manage associates in conjunction with the Store Leader in daily aspect of driving sales and running the business.
- Assist store leadership team in daily store operations, including opening, closing, banking, inventory receipt and transfers.
- Contribute to growing the client base, including designer outreach.
- Assist in the leadership of merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked. Lead and maintain visual standards of the store, per home office directives.
- Maintain visual standards of the store, per home office directive.
- Coach, counsel and continually develop staff: works with Head of Retail Stores & Store Operations and Store Leader on potential employee terminations.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by Leadership.
- 1-3 years of retail leadership experience, interiors/home furnishings field preferred or 1- 3 years as a Store Associate at Serena & Lily
- Architecture or design experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of personal style
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire team to achieve excellence
- Proven ability to deliver excellent client service standard and ability to lead best practice implementation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to ask questions and seek solutions; self – starter
- Microsoft Windows proficiency, especially Word and Excel
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and clients.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations
- $65-70k depending on experience
- Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance should they choose to participate in Serena & Lily’s benefits. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan. During the first year of employment, full-time employees accrue fourteen days of PTO and seven paid holidays throughout the year.